Tuesday, 10 December 2013

MTC Week 3 - The Wall

Here at the MTC it has been going good for the most part.  We had an Emeritus of the Quorum of the 70 come speak to us instead of Elder Ballard and he did a sweeeeeet job.  We were all sad when we were heard that Elder Ballard couldn't make it but this guy said it such a good way.  He said, "...you think you're disappointed about not having Elder Ballard here.....How do you think I feel!"  Super funny guy and his message was awesome.  Sometimes those of us who live near a Temple tend to take it for granted. There are families and members that sacrifice so much to get a temple.  Some don''t even have the chance to get to one.  Message of the story......go to the temple as often as you can. 

I have hit my first wall in the language.  Feels like I haven't been learning anymore.  It really sucks.  Our lesson with our "investigator" started off really well but something happened and it turned to crap.  Totally didn't teach though the spirit.  Taught through my thoughts and allowed the lack of knowing the language to mess with my mind.  It's a frustrating thing but hey....I've come to see this "wall" as the Lord saying....alright....step up and lets get you to the next level.  I've learned not to forget all that I have been blessed with, to give thanks and to ask for that help that He wants to give me.  I guess that can be my message to you guys.  Remember Laman and Lemuel and how quick they were to forget their Lord as often as they did.  When times get tough focus on the good.  It's really easy to focus on the bad but is it rewarding?  No.  Focus on the good...remember the good.  Remember that through our Savior, and as we come unto Him, we can receive Joy, Comfort, Peace, and get the strength to push on.  It's an amazing thing to live knowing all of this. 

Another thing I learned is how important it is to live worthily as a priesthood holder and how much of an impact the priesthood has on people.  I say this because I got to give my first blessing to a sister missionary here.  I was scared but learned to have faith and remember that its His work...not mine.  To see the comfort and joy she received was definitely a testimony builder. 

Well, I love you guys and miss you.  I will work hard to have stories for you next week.
Til next time,
Love, Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment