Well...just when you thought you caught an idea
about what the Lord had planned for you in life...you realize that you have no
idea what He has planned for you : ) I´ve been constantly learning that I
will never fully understand the what the Lord has in store but I will
understand how He can help me.
Got some news for you all : ) Turns out I´m doing my 2nd ´´one-n-done´´
in my mission! I will unfortunately be leaving beloved Apeldoorn.
It has been a great experience to build relationships with the members
here. Again, I can´t get over their experiences and wish I could thank
them all for their words that have built me up. Elder Abankie and I were
blessed to see many miracles. We've seen the joy and happiness that comes
with serving our ward family. I´ll miss them and am sad that I got one
transfer to be with them but the Lord knows what He´s doing. The more I
come to learn how He works with me, the more comfortable I become. How
great it is that we can test our faith and He will never let us down as we
strive to seek for His answers in the ways He´s taught us. Don´t wait for
them to come, but go out and find them.
I feel that the more we come to understand His guidance and come to
trust in God, we ourselves become more comfortable and confident in who we are
because we realize that we have the skills and attributes that are needed to
overcome whatever is thrown into our path. At the same time, He´s not going to
hold us back or assist us if we are capable of doing it independently. At
least in the ways that maybe we would wish. Just knowing that He´s there
and has confidence in you. Not the confidence that you´ll do it perfectly
but the confidence that you can do it.
Got a call yesterday from President Bunnell. Elder Abankie and I
were setting up things in order to help us fulfill the Bishop’s mission plan
until we had an appointment with a friend of ours who we are teaching.
Usually we get phone calls around 7-730. We didn´t get a phone call and
went to the appointment thinking that we were both staying but just when that
was accepted in our minds...we got a phone call from our Mission President : )
I was asked if I would be able to move to Belgium where I would be serving in
the Antwerpen area. The Lord is a funny man. Sometimes you can´t
help but just smile and shake your head. So that´s that. Elder Holt
is going to his 8th city. I guess I´m not a ´´stick around guy´´.
Now the question is will this be my last city or will I pull another
´´one-and-done´´? One thing is certain...I´m not going to limit myself in
thinking either of the options and just prepare for the future by taking every
day one step at a time and taking advantage of the opportunities that will be
thrown my way.
This week was great. We got to teach our friends. One of
them came to church again! It´s always nice spending your days and doing things
that you love with friends. We had a great lesson and a great Sunday at
church. One of our member friends is leaving on their mission and gave
their going away talk. Weird to see that, especially because they read
their talk from paper which reminded me of an event that happened 21 months
ago. A family informed us that their grandchild got their mission call
and will be going to the MTC in November, which was also a new
experience. There a many young adults who are the next generation and how
amazing and talented they are.
Next week I´ll be using the French style keyboards again :( It´s going
to make typing a tad difficult but everything´ll work out. I hope you
guys have a good week and live every day with a purpose that will push you to
become the person you can be. I´ll do the same. Love you guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment