Monday, 6 July 2015

Week 84 - On to Apledoorn and New Adventures

A surprise with transfer calls!  Looks like I´ll be heading out of Braband and moving up North again!  I´m sad to be leaving my home and friends here in the Eindoven ward.  They’re pretty dang awesome and If you had the chance to meet them, you would understand what I´m talking about. I had a feeling that I was going to be transferred but didn´t really accept it. Luckily I took a bunch of photos with members on Sunday at church, just in case the call came in, so I kind of got to say goodbye to mostly everyone.  If I could give advice to people it would be take photos all the time.

We had a sweet fast and testimony meeting on Sunday.  Hearing people’s testimonies and their experiences can really help people....member or non member...feel a sort of motivation to keep pushing. All the testimonies were so good and ranged from the older generation going all the way down to the rising generation.  I´ve been amazed with the strength of ALL of the members testimonies.  They´ve been able to display and help show me a lot of where joy comes from as we live the Gospel.  I´m going to miss them but I am excited to be heading up to Apeldoorn and to be serving the people up there.  I´ve heard a lot of good things about the ward and the people.

This week we got to meet with the new mission President and his Wife.  Man.  They are pretty amazing and loving people.  It was such a privilege to have been able to be in attendance for their first Mission Leader Council.  You could feel their love, passion, hope, faith and determination as they shared with us their Journey getting to Nederland.  He shared some of the words that were given  by Apostles to him and his wife and man....you couldn´t help but feel encouraged to go out and put in more work.  Love serving the Lord and the people in the Belgium Netherlands mission.

I´ll tell you quickly about what will be going down for this coming transfer.  I´ll be going to Apeldoorn and serve with a good friend of mine from Suriname.  I´ll send you photos next week.  We´ll be serving the Apeldoorn Zone so I´ll be able to visit Heerenveen and Hengelo, 2 cities I served in earlier in my mission.  I´ll have to ask Uncle Gerald or Uncle Bob about where their father...I think it was their father...designed a park or something like that.  I recall Aunt Fran talking about it.  I hope I will get to find it and take some pictures of it and in it.

It looks like you guys are having a blast with the summer.  Visiting a bunch of people.  As I looked at the photos I really missed Alberta but remembered a little more about what home was like.  Everyone thought that it was cool that Brynn’s wedding reception was in a barn....like really cool.  It must have been so awesome.  I hope you guys enjoy your week and have fun spending time with family.  A lot of testimonies that were shared by the members here yesterday were based off of family and I was reminded and also taught that the fullest of happiness can come from family.  I understand how it does more and more as I read from the scriptures and words of the prophets.  I pray that people will take time to find the answers to the concerns they have because literally everything has been taken care of and it makes more feel more comfort the more and more I read.

Love you guys.  Be safe and take care.  It´s been really stinking hot in Eindhoven.  We have also gone through a heat wave since last Tuesday.  It got up to 39 degrees Celsius on Saturday!  Gosh.  Keep cool and don´t forget sunblock!

Love,


Elder Holt
New graffiti for the Arena









No comments:

Post a Comment