Friday, 17 July 2015

Week 85 - Avatars and Eternal Reality

I forgot how much green and nature there is up here, dang.  I miss Eindhoven and all my friends down there but I can´t complain about being able to come back up to Gelderland and to return to the beloved Northern provinces.  My companion is an awesome dude.  His name is Elder Abankie from Suriname. He´s a stud, loves to sing, always has a smile and you always have a good time around him. I´m excited to learn from and to serve with him.  There are 6 missionaries in this ward.  My wards just keep getting bigger and bigger as my mission goes on! I´ll send photos of us all soon.  It sounds like everything went awesome with weddings and what not! 

So we had transfer day on Wednesday.  That went well.  Sad to say that this past week I´ve been stuck inside with some sort of annoying stomach bug, ( Not to worry...I´ve been taken well care of and I´m starting to feel better).  I had a lot of time spent inside and I was reminded how fortunate I was to be able to simply go outside and enjoy being able to walk around talking to people.  I´ve been trying to train myself to always be thankful for what I can do and I feel like the best way to show that you are thankful is through using the gifts that are given to us and not not using them.  

I have to say...there were times where I was lying there and just feeling so frustrated because I could not do what I was hoping to do.  I guess the same happens with everyone at one time or another.  One moment...everything is so great and we feel like we´re riding cloud 9 and can take on anything but then, almost out of the blue...we´re brought back down to earth and that feeling of confidence gets a punch to the stomach and we start feeling like a victim when in reality...these things are a blessing and not a punishment.

There was a man in one of the area´s I served in that shared an insight with a missionary, who then shared it with me.

In a video game....you are a character (AKA an avatar) who is given a figure so that you can go out and be a winner. You have a goal or objective that you are trying to accomplish.  In most games...in order to achieve this goal, you have to defeat bad guys, make conquests, keep safe from the enemy, avoid dangerous situations and keep healthy.  As you go through these various missions, you are given items that will help you succeed in your task to ´´beat the game´´. As you go through the different stages of the game, defeating the enemy, solving puzzles, saving people, etc. you are acquiring new skills, becoming stronger, increasing your intelligence and become a stronger, better person.  The question is....what would this game be like without the obstacles that stand in your way in order to reach the end as a victor?  All those bad guys, all those puzzles, obstacles, ´´bumps´´ in the road and what not..... leaving it with just you and a clear path to victory.  Not only would you not be able to level up, learn new moves and become a better stronger player, but you would bored out of your mind and probably quit playing. Those obstacles that stand in your way...make the game worth playing and are needed in order to enhance your abilities to continuously progress.  The difference in a video game is that people aren´t afraid of dying...unless they’re going for a world record high score....then you can get a case of some major gamer rage. In a game...if they die...they get another life and everything is ok.  I feel like people forget or don´t know...that this body that we are given is our very own ´´Avatar´´ given to us in order to ´´play the game´´ and that eventually....every one of us will be separated from our Avatar. The best part is...is that all the experience and things gained while ´´playing the game´´ sticks with us and we will be given a better and stronger ´´Avatar´´.  We´ll be given a body that is perfect as long as we play the game properly and follow the steps that are given in order to succeed in the game.  Just like every other game...there are rules to this one...for every rule you follow...the closer you are being successful and for every rule....well, the opposite happens.

We´ve been given a wonderful opportunity to live and go against obstacles in our life that will help us become stronger and better people.  To become a stronger and better person we have been provided with a ´´players guide´´ that will help us know what we need to do to pass every level and become victorious in our quest as we live our lives.  We are all here to gain a body that is connected with our soul but because we are imperfect...our body will go to the way of the earth and our soul will return to where it came from and we will then receive our ´´trophy´´ for playing the game...our resurrected bodies.  The difference between our lives and the life of the avatar in the video game is that in the game we know what will happen and faith is not required where as in our lives...faith, patience, and constant nourishment are needed. 

Everything is taken care of.  This is a true fact because Christ has come and Christ has made it possible for us to be imperfect.  We will rise again and we can be forgiven. I pray that we will always have the eternal perspective because one day...that eternal perspective will turn into an Eternal Reality but we are the ones that need to move the gears until God grants us with that.  Learn about Gods plan from the missionaries, from the scriptures, from going to church, from praying, from writing in your journal.  It comes and that I promise.   

Sorry to bore you : ) If only I could write everything that went through my mind this past week.


No comments:

Post a Comment