Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Week 30 - Work in Limberg Rolls Forth

Zone Conference



Belgium sometimes looks like a rainforest.  The city doesn’t really mow the grass here so it’s getting pretty long....people mow their lawns but the city stuff, like the medians, along the paths....stuff like that isn't always cut.  It’s nice.  Makes it looks more natural.

Inderdaad...my friend is beyond happy and seeing her this Sunday....she just looked like a member of the Christ's church.  She is ready to help build the Kingdom here.  I have two more friends working towards their baptism dates this weekend.  I get super worried throughout the last week.  I know that it’s not going to be a walk in the park for them and I really don’t want them to get pushed off the path.  They all work so hard to get here....the thought of losing them makes me sad so I pray and I put it into God’s hands.  I can only perform my role and need to rely on Him and that He will do what I cannot. 

Good news.  I'm staying in Genk for this next transfer!  Better news, we are becoming a 4 man! The second 4 man in the mission.  The ward’s prayers and request to get more missionaries came true!  The best news.....I wish I had a camera to show you all how excited the members were when we told them the news....hahaha man it makes you smile.  We are worried about figuring out how to do work with 4 people but we are excited to be able to see everyone that we can.  It’s been hard to see all the people that we could and we are going to make this change work.  Man....exciting times in Limberg and to add to the good times....Belgium is going to the second round of the World Cup!  It gets crazy when Belgium wins.  People are honking, cheering, blowing horns, driving in circles at the round-about, hanging out of their cars with their flags....let's hope Belgium goes far haha. 

The Lord is good.  2 Nephi 5:27, "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness."  Amen to that.  His ways help lead us to living in happiness.  I remember that I was happy when I was not actively living Christ’s gospel.  Now I know...His gospel...adds to the happiness that we thought couldn’t become greater.  His gospel helps us live after the manner of happiness.  How does living the gospel do so?  We all have our different experiences.  We have different purposes.  This may vary but I will bring to your attention one thing that is the same for everyone.  Our trust in the Lord helps us to obtain, maintain and gain happiness that cannot be bought, substituted or supplemented.  It is the happiness that does not rely on things that will rust or rot away.  It is the happiness that will remain as changes occur.  It is happiness that is dependant in that it is an everlasting source,  God the Father and His Son being this everlasting source.  Trusting in the promises that have been made to us; trusting that we will live again and see the ones that we have lost; trusting that all that is wrong will be made right;  trusting that the time will come for things that we ever so righteously desire; just trusting that all will be well and that when we feel it is not, it is, because we trust that the Lord will not lead us astray.  He will not leave us behind in the dust and he will throw things on our plate that he knows we can handle.  Trust that He knows what he is doing. And trust that he does it for the benefit of us.  I know you all have heard this one time or another.  I love sayings in Dutch and this is one I've heard a few times.  "Doet je best en God doet de rest"… do your best and God will do the rest.  Let the crappy times get easier. They can become easier if we allow God to help us.  

Love you all and until next time work on relying on the Lord.  He has done an amazing thing for us.  Let’s use it.

Love Elder Holt 


Zuster Joustra made poutine for Elder Holt!

roasting marshmallows Genk style 



No comments:

Post a Comment