Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Week 11 - First Baptism

 I also have been pondering the Lords Earthly Ministry.  What He did, how He did it, and why He did it.  As I do this it has been an amazing experience trying to apply these answers to my way of life.  It's hard to love everyone.  Harder than I thought.  Especially to those that.....i guess you can say suck.  You try and be nice but they just don't want any of it.  I've learned that behind our actions there is always an intent.  It's been pointed out to me that our intent must be driven by this unconditional love that our Savior exemplified for us.  It's been interesting to speak with people.  Have a really nice conversation with them and when we share a message with them, they completely change and sometimes get angry.  It's hard to keep those same feelings you had throughout the previous conversation for the individual after that happens.  But the Lord went through that at a level that I can't comprehend.  Yet, he still expressed that same love to all.  He's kind of a cool guy.  I am happy to have gained this knowledge and to continually be converted day by day.  I am excited to have been a part of people's conversion here. 
One of our investigators worked hard and was baptized this past Saturday.  It was a special thing to see him get baptized, to see the support the ward gave him and then to be a part of his confirmation on Sunday.  At the same time, this amazing girl we got to speak with has "fallen off the grid".  We had amazing discussion with her.  She was touched by the Spirit and totally recognized it.  She knew it was true.  She accepted a date to get baptized and seemed really excited but now we can't reach her.  It's been almost a week that she hasn't returned our calls.  It's sad but a reality.  The "word" that has been spread through the internet or others really shakes people.  It sucks that people take in something "Joe Schmo" wrote on the internet verses God Himself.  But agency.  We all have it and we have to respect it.  I love it. 
I found a man who speaks Dutch!  He was born in Switzerland and served his mission in the Netherlands!  He got here the same week I did!  The ward is so freaking big I haven't met everyone.  Luckily I met him Sunday and he's going to help me with my Dutch!  I like how the timeing all worked out : ) The Lord truly sends you where you are needed and at the same time he doesn't leave you hanging.  He's with you all the time.  Even those times where we feel like we are alone.....we're not.  I can 100% say that I can testify to that. 
I will send pics next week!  I love you all and will talk to you later.
Love,
Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment