Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Week 7 - San Diego!

Jan 2
Hello : )  My visa hasn't arrived yet so I am going to California!  All I know is that I will be serving there until my visa arrives so I can't really give you anything more than that.  I will be leaving early in the week.  I will probably get to email you before I leave the MTC so I will talk to you later.


Elder Holt

Jan 6
 I was really bummed out when I got my reassignment.  I am pretty sure I said, ".....crap......I'm going to California....."  As I was writing in my journal later that night I had time to think about the situation.  The fact that I said those words made me realize that I was more excited about going to Netherlands than starting missionary work.  The more I thought and had the chance to read my call and dissect it, I was able to make sense that I was called to serve and was ASSIGNED to labor in Netherlands.  The important part was that I was called to serve...not where I was going.  Going to California I get the opportunity to learn and get into the groove of being an awesome missionary in my native language.  I have been given this chance to remind myself of my purpose and be able to bring this knowledge with me to Netherlands.  It's an awesome thing.  I am going to have to learn how to diligently study my language and if I do this right, it will greatly help me in the years to come.  The temple opened up today so I was able to go to it as well.....I honestly don't care where I am going now.....I am just happy to begin applying what I have learned.  So....if I was to have gone to Netherlands right away....I don't think I would have been as prepared as Heavenly Father knows what will help me the best and the others the best.  Who knows why I am going to Cali......but I will find out. 
Elder Holt

Jan 7
Dear Brother and Sister Holt,

We're excited to send you these photos of Elder Holt and to let you know he arrived in great shape today.  We love him already!  Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns.

Sincerely,
President Clayton
California San Diego Mission


1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful Melanie... I remember Jesse when he was a toddler playing with his little basket ball... he's grown into quite the young man;-)

    ReplyDelete