Goede Morgen!
The beginning of the week was kind of a bummer. Our Pday consisted
of staying inside and resting while drinking lots of water and making use of a
lot of tissues....poor Elder McBride had to deal with it all. We ended up
reading Hebrews and then I got a blessing and recovered way faster than I
expected. I used to think that blessings for the sick meant that we would
get healthy right away or that we needed to learn patience and gratitude for
when we weren't sick but it turns out that sometimes it means still being sick
but recovering faster than usual. I was good to go by late Wednesday
evening and the next day we started kicking butt!
We've started teaching a couple new friends this week and we're now
working with 2 friends as they strive to make their first covenant of
baptism. I'm always in awe hearing everyone's different stories and
seeing how they have come to be the people they are. Many of the times I
catch myself counting my blessings and realizing how lucky I am to have had the
things I did while growing up. A lot of which I have taken for granted
and hope to always remember what I have seen and heard to keep my priorities in
check.
It sometimes sucks depending on public transportation. Today it
took us over 2 hours to travel to our church because the tram systems decided
to trip out and play games with it's customers. We ended up taking one of
the most interesting of ways to get to emailing and at one point we didn't
actually think we would make it.
Because of our travel delays I won't be able to write a lot. We're
really excited to start helping some people towards entering the waters of
baptism and we really hope they don't get overwhelmed with the ways of the
world and the things the world says. They're such awesome people but we
just need to help them learn how to protect themselves and let them know that
they are not alone. We can only do so much because in the end....we just
need to rely on the Lord.
The flu that goes around here starts off kind of like a cold then turns
into the flu, then if you don't take care of it and try to muscle through it,
it turns into Bronchitis and then if you still don't take care of it it turns
to pneumonia. Thankfully, with a bit of faith, relying on the Lord and
not being dumb...the cold is now gone and didn't turn into anything stupid. So
no worries!
Hope you guys all have a good week!
Love you bye,
Elder Holt
No comments:
Post a Comment