Thursday, 25 June 2015

Week 82 - Everyone should have questions

Hallo!  Shoot!  Sounds like a party this past week.  Weddings, graduations, field trips!  That sounds like it was the opposite of boring.  Congratulations to everyone for their special moments in life!  I´m sure they were all awesome!  Thanks for the photos!  I can´t wait to see more in the future!  Sounds like your ward is doing awesome!  You´re going to have to tell me what you guys are doing! 

Another week flown by in the Land of Tulips.  We had exchanges or splits every day of the week except for Pday and Sunday so it felt like it went by super fast.  It was enjoyable being able to serve with and learn from others who are living here in Nederland. Missionaries, members and people seeking for truths in a general sense.  It´s amazing how everyone is so different.  I´m always amazed at the different insights/perspectives that people receive and share. 

One person asked the question, ´´how can you know if it´s my thoughts or the Holy Ghost?´´.  I feel like that´s a question that we all have.  Heck...sometimes as members for years...we come back to that question. I found that it interesting and not coincidence...how this person came to this question.  It goes to show that those who are diligently, prayerfully and willingly seek and search for truths...the will be lead and they will find.

This person was reading in 1 Nephi when Nephi was commanded to take the life of Laban.  They studied and pondered about the process that Nephi went through until he followed the prompting of the Lord and came to the question... ´´how can you know if it´s my thoughts or the Holy Ghost? ´´.  I don´t ever recall pondering about that part the way this person did.  It was so cool to hear the thoughts and things that they were taught as they pondered about this experience that Nephi went through. It was even cooler when they started sharing experiences of when they recognized God´s direction in their life that came in forms of thoughts, ideas, feelings and etc. 

Everyone has questions or maybe I should say everyone should have questions.  After all, we´re here to learn.  It´s going to be hard to learn or to know truths if we don´t have questions.  However, with our questions and our abilities and gift to have the freedom to have questions....we need to be responsible and find the answers to our questions. It´s a two way thing.  You have questions and you want answers....go out and find them.  I feel like a lot of people, myself included, will sit around and wait for answers and expect them to magically pop up.  Sometimes I´ll even forget about a question and move onto something else...luckily God the Father will help remind me that my answer has been given when He gives me one.

It is a truth when we read ´´Ask, and ye shall receive; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.´´  These are promises divine and these are promises for all that are pure in their intentions and willing to find the answers....not in their way...but in Gods way...who is the Master teacher. 

There have been many people that I´ve met while serving on my mission.  Some have questions and want answers but don´t put in the effort in trying to find the answers.  Some have no questions at all and put themselves in a place where their progression will be at a stand-still. Others look for answers...but look in the wrong ways and follow the voices of others they find on the internet vs the source of all truth; God our Eternal Father.  Few humble themselves enough and change what they are doing and do things in the Lords way to show that they truly want answers and are willing to try to get to know Him. But those few are the ones that I have witnessed are the ones that find peace, happiness and a knowledge and experience to know that God exists and to find the truths that we all think about.  
Love you and take care.  I´m making it a goal to take more photos so I can send more home!  Love you guys,

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment