Monday, 1 June 2015

Week 79 - All is Well and All Will Be Well

Transfers are done and the new one begins today!  I got my new companion, Elder Steenblik.  He´s a funny, tall dude.  I don´t know what it is, but most of my companions are pretty dang tall.  Elder Steenblik is from Salt Lake and has a talent with working with people. I´m excited to have the chance to serve with him for a minimum of 6 weeks!

This week was really fast...to be honest with you...I don´t remember too much.  We have a completely new 4 man.  It´s going to be a blast.  We used the end of the week getting ready for the coming transfer.  We planned for a lot of things that will be coming up. ex. Zone vision, zone training, DLC, exchanges and etc.  The good thing is that it´s all done and we´re ready to go.

We have a busy couple weeks coming up.  By the end of transfer, our new mission president will be here and President and Zuster Robinson will be celebrating Canada Day.  All of my past companions with the exception of 2 will be home and I think a new senior couple will be coming in as our beloved senior couple from up north will be heading back home.  Everything is changing and it´s weird to think about.

I guess that´s how life goes.  Things come and things go as time moves on.  Things change as the days progress...the important thing to keep in mind is how will this affect us? 

Throughout life we all experience, ´´change´´.  At first glance, some ´´changes´´ are easily seen as positive...and others are easily seen as negative.  Some, enjoyable, some a little tougher to find the joy.  In the end...we all get to choose how we are going to go about ´´change.´´ 

There are a lot of different scenarios of change but all can boil down to...how we accept the change.  Will we accept it grudgingly, or will we accept what the Lord has given us with the goal to find the joy and get rid of the hard feelings that we may feel?  I am a firm believer that there can be joy found in all things.  The more I learn of the teachings that are given to the prophets by God to teach us...I find that it is easier to find the joy in all situations.  But what about the innocent people killed in wars or natural disasters, or the children that become a casualty to an inhumane circumstance.  I feel like that is the thought of many if not almost everyone. 

I remember speaking to a lady who didn't believe that God was who people purposed Him to be because of the bad things that happen to innocent children throughout the world. The joy that comes with getting to know God and the joy that comes from understanding wasn't there.  She did not know the part of God’s plan that has been given to mankind through the words of the prophets in the scriptures.  Luckily, I had read and found answers to this concern.  It was found and God helped me to understand that all is and shall be well for those who we worry about due to crappy events that happen to them in their life.  So is it with all situations we see, hear about or experience.  There are several different layers of difficulties that we have to sift through to find the good in what may seem to be the bad...some are harder to sift through...but if we spend the time...we'll find it.

I've experienced that changes can be made easier as we strive to go through them in the way the Lord would have us.  After all, he knows you better than anyone you know.  Even yourself.  Accept the changes with the knowledge that all is well and all will be well.  You'll notice and feel this as you seek for the Lord’s counsel in prayer and thought.  The more of yourself that you invest in trying to find your answers, peace, comfort, love and etc....the more you will be enlightened with the truths of what it is you are seeking for.  

Love you all and I hope you have a good week!

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment