Monday, 2 March 2015

Week 66 - How Does the Gospel Make You Happy?

Howdy,
I'm Elder Holt.  I play voetbal, I enjoy music and I probably have said some weird things to you not meaning them to be weird...and I'm a Mormon!
This past week was zone conference in Apeldoorn!  We had the privilege to hear from our Mission President and his wife and the Assistants.  We learned a lot of cool things that are easily applicable...one being making the Atonement an everyday part of your life and how we can do that.  We were also surprised with the treat to watch a couple videos that have been filmed in Belgium and with the missionaries from our mission and also the movie, ''Meet the Mormons''.  It was so cool and it really helps put into the thought, how we can become more converted in a daily manner.  It also made me remember how great home is haha.  The gospel is so good.  Sometimes we forget how good it is.  Sometimes it becomes such a regular thing that it's difficult to see how the gospel effects our lives because it's such a ''regular thing''.  But oh how much we can learn as we take a couple seconds and think about why and how the gospel as affected your life. Seeing the movie, ''Meet the Mormons'' really helped remind me that I have been and will always been happiest with the Saviour and His teachings in my life. 

I really wish I could remember this week...shooot.  We spent a lot of time out and about in the province of Zuid Holland serving with our missionary friends...we got 2 full days in Rotterdam Zuid.  We got word about transfers last night.  We totally didn't expect what went down.  We thought that Elder Cook was going to be heading out and training for his last 2 transfers but the Lord has other plans.  Turns out that your's truly is shipping out to Eindhoven.  Man it was weird.  Going onto my 5th city in Europe...6th on the mission. So weird to think about it.  Time flies. 

I'm sad to leave.  The city of Rotterdam has been a huge blessing.  The people of the ward, the missionaries, the people that we've been teaching and the friendships made.  Shooot...going to miss Rotterdam but I've missed every city that I've served in....time to give it my all in Eindhoven. 

We've been teaching a good friend of ours, who's been learning about the church for quite a few months now.  They've been taught all the lessons and it's been a blessing in learning how to share the gospel in more specific and personalized details and now they'll be working towards their baptism date!  It's interesting to see the different ''triggers'' in people that help them gain that desire to press forward in their eternal progression. Everyone is so different and it's nice to see that God knows everyone individually and to see Him help his people in their own personal way.  Sometimes it's hard to see His hand but what eyes are we using?  The ones that tell us what colour the sky is or the ones that helped guide Nephi in all his doings?

We've been teaching a friend who has been trying to become happier with life considering all the curve balls that life has thrown at him.  As we were teaching him, the thought came into my mind.  ''How does the Gospel make one happy?'' I tell people this daily.  I share this belief with others and I give examples....but how does it make one happier.  As I've seen the changes in our friend, who has becoming happier and happier and examining my life...there's a lot of reasons.  They've been mentioned before and I'm sure that you've experienced many reasons.  A few to mention could be the understanding about life that we acquire, being filled with hope and love and experiencing a change in desires.  These things, and many more, come to us as we live the life that our Heavenly Father knows is best for us.  His guidance, His teachings, His gospel is how He lives.  He knows the steps of happiness and He wants the best for us all.  He wants the best for you and He gives us direction to His happiness through His gospel.  Through living the way he has prescribed to us fills us with all of the good things we're searching for.  Write down what feelings you would like in life and know that these come, if they be of good intent, from living the lifestyle of our Heavenly Father.
Looking forward to writing you guys in Eindhoven!  I love you guys!  Take care!

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment