That video was soooo cool! haha shoot.
My little sisters have become my younger sisters and no more my little
sisters. Too bad they didn't have solos. Man. They are so
different than from a year ago. I thought it was really cool how they are
showing the courage and love by inviting those they know to come to church or
to give the Book of Mormon. Shoot. haha It makes me smile. I
love and miss you guys. Turns out we'll be skyping at like 6-7ish pm here
in Nederland so that'll be a little earlier than dinner for you guys. I
think it's an 8 hour difference. I can't really say anymore but at least
now you can figure out where you will be and get a plan ready just in case
people would like to say hi. Can't believe it's almost Christmas already.
It's fun serving with a previous companion. Elder Krebs has been
in Rotterdam for a long...4.5 months now so we are pretty sure that he will be
transferred in 6 weeks and end his mission in the next city he goes to.
Hard to believe that he'll be going home in 5 months or so. When we were
companions he wasn't even on his year mark. He hit it in the middle of
the transfer we served together. Now his sister missionaries just went
home and he's looking at his last 3 transfers. Weird. It was sad
leaving my trainer, who was my zone leader in the Apeldoorn Zone. It was
a lot of fun seeing him so often. The whole mission is changing and it's
taking some time to get used to.
This week was a hectic one. We've been busy setting up for a lot
of things. Like, a lot. Fortunately we've had time to teach and
find and help people. Rotterdam is a very diverse city. There are a
lot of different cultures that live here. It's been fun to see the
different cultures and to get to experience this place. It’s a very new
city when you look at the rest of Nederland due to what happened to Rotterdam
in the World War...2 I think it may have been. I don't really remember.
Much of the city consists of new buildings because the older ones were bombed
and destroyed in the war. I got to meet the ward yesterday. It’s fun as
you start to serve all over the mission and you meet people that know people
that know you and have given them a ''warning'' haha about you. You feel
right at home when people say that so-n-so said you were coming and said how
cool you were. Saturday night we got a text from a member of our ward
asking if I would give a talk to the ward. haha. I've done this 3/5
of my cities so it was nothing new. I was a little stressed because of
the things we have coming up and the preparation we should do but the Lord is
always with you if you know that he is. I found some time at 10 pm
Saturday night to do some studying and to feel what it was that the Lord would
have me say to the people of my new home. I felt like I had found it and
the Lord was happy with it and I got to sleep in peace. I woke up and
then had a little bit more time to do some touch ups and to prepare a little
more. When I got to the pulpit...I seemed to have been guided to speak of
another topic. I hit a lot of points that I had prepared to share but I
guess the people in the ward were in need of other things. It took me not
to think about why my thoughts were leading somewhere to follow these promptings
but I'm glad I did. It was very quiet as I would pause and listen to the
thoughts, words and experiences that came to mind. Not even the kids or
babies were making noises. It was peaceful and quiet. The Lord will
always help us know what to say or do.
5 Therefore, verily I
say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the
thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not
be confounded before men;
7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall
declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of
heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as
ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto
all things whatsoever ye shall say.
This promise is true. I know it
is. I promise you that as you study up truth in your mind and heart and
take the initiative of preparing, the Lord will place into our hearts the
things that we should say; that He will give unto us in the very hour,
yea, in the very moment, what we shall say; hat as we declare the truths
we have come to know in His name, in a serious and dignified manner, in the
spirit of meekness, in all things, that the Holy Ghost will shed forth and bear
record unto all things whatsoever we shall say. We treasure up truths as
we learn of them in the scripture. As we constantly apply them to our lives
and minds. The Lord is good. He lives and that, my friends, is the truth.
Love you all and I will talk to you
next week.
Love,
Elder Holt
No comments:
Post a Comment