Goede Middag!
It was sad and a shock about being transferred so quickly but I am
really enjoying my first week here in Overijssel. I will have to send you
guys a video of where we live. Ohmygoodness.....I never knew a missionary
home could be so sweet. haha. This is my first time serving in ward here
in Nederland. It's kind of like the size of the ward in St. Albert....we
have a tiny make shift church building but are waiting for the go-ahead form
the city to build the new church building. We have really funny
members. I have only met a couple of them on Sunday but the people I met
just made me laugh. Their sense of humor is so dang contagious. They
make you smile. There are two sets of Elders in this ward. I guess
they have had a lot of missionaries from Utah so when they heard that the 2 new
missionaries in their ward were from Canada they were pretty happy haha. My
new companion’s name is Elder Hulet from Cedar City, Utah. He's been out
on his mission for almost 18 months. He's a really good dude; a hardworking
and fun missionary. We prayed and figured out what the Lord knows we can
accomplish. I am confident that as we serve, giving it all we got and do
so with the Lords help that we are going to succeed our goals. It is
going to be a good transfer.
It has been interesting working without the resources that you have back
at home with missionary work. I never really noticed how much resources
and help are given to us back at home until serving all the branches and ward
here in Nederland. The church is in a beginning phase. We serve
covering an entire province without a vehicle so it makes it harder to get
around. Fortunately we have an amazing ward that is ready to take on the responsibility
of building up the Lords Kingdom here. I haven't met all of our friends
who are learning the Gospel here yet. We actually don't have too
many. The entire district and zone seems to be struggling with building up
a foundation of finding and teaching those who are ready for the Gospel and are
seeking for the truths of the world and life. I find it funny because my
Nederland trainer, Elder Robbins, is now my zone leader. I know that he
is going to work his tail off making his city an example for the zone and I
feel as if I am serving in his zone to help my rekindle the feelings and joy
that came from the much success in Genk, Belgium. I am excited to be
serving with him on exchanges and to be learning more with more experience
under my belt. It's going to be hard but the Lord is going to help us
bring life to our areas as we serve and are accountable.
We have been doing a lot of contacting and knocking doors. Some
days I love it....some days not so much. I don't really fully understand
why I don't always have the zin to contact and knock doors but now is the time
to search for solutions to always having that desire to invite as many people
as possible and as many people as the Spirit prompts me to. Maybe that is
one of the reasons why my trainer is my zone leader haha. To help me
apply what I learned from him.
A few days ago we were doing some look ups and contacting while riding
our bikes around the city. We came across a lady who was walking her
dog. We began a conversation with her about her dog. He was a
really cool Jack Russell Terrier. When the conversation changed into
seeing where she stood with God it turned out that she had a lot of doubts with
the fact that we have a God who is our loving Heavenly Father. She
thought it didn't make sense that children would die, get sick, and become
subject to various amounts of different unfortunate things. She had a legitimate
concern. One that I think every human being ponders about. At that
moment I knew why my life was happier with the Gospel being a part of it.
The Gospel has helped me to learn the answers to the questions and
concerns that I had and have. I have found and continue to find answers
to things about life through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I
have received confirmations through the Holy Ghost as he testifies to me the
truthfulness of the things I learn and ponder. I am given feelings of
comfort and peace to know that everything is ok and will work out. We all
have concerns and questions....but what are we going to do to get answers or
find solutions?
This lady that we contacted who shared her dispute or concern....I don’t
really know what to call it...was sincere. The only thing that would help
her was to comfort her and to thank her for her sincere concern. We bore
our testimony that the world seems unfair. That not everything is
rainbows and sunshine. We bore our testimonies that we had learned and
could show how the children of the world are protected and saved from the
dangers of mortality. We bore testimony about how perfect God’s plan is;
that even though we don't fully understand why things happen....that there is a
way to find peace, answers and solutions. We invited her to hear
more. She said yes and we exchanged contact info.
I often feel like my natural response to people who share their
concerns with me is to ''prove'' to them why what I
share is true. I feel like the Lord is helping me see to not ''prove'' that
what the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true but to share
and provide comfort; to help His children experience that
what I share, through the restored Gospel is the truth. The power of
comfort, peace and joy.
''For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of
men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and
blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my
counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give
more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken
away even that which they have.''
Oh how true this principle is. We learn here a little and there a
little. In the end...all these littles transform into a grand architect of
truths. How thankful I am to live a life according to my Heavenly Father,
the source of all truths; to experience His teachings as I test my faith by
following His called and chosen prophets. We all have questions and
concerns. haha Sometimes these turn into complaints. We can sit
around and complain all we want but what are we going to do about finding
solutions and answers? It is my prayer that we will all live a life of
goodness through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. That we may reap
the blessings that come from it. That we may find peace, comfort,
happiness and joy as we, day by day, learn the principle of ''here a
little, and there a little.' ''Line upon, line, precept upon precept.''
Ant hills are pretty dang interesting if you think about
it. haha. These guys take tiny grains of sand and dirt and
one by one...build a hill. They do it grain by grain. The
Lord’s principles are all around us if we are looking for them and seeking
for His counsel. This, my family and friends, is my experience that
I share with you. Know that whatever your concern, question, doubt,
problem...heck even your complaint; it can be answered. Prayer is our
first step. There is a power behind prayer that helps us to
find the answers we are searching for. Go out and find your
answers with the help of a loving Heavenly Father, who is the source of
all goodness and truths.
I love you all and hope that you all have a great week.
Keep going strong and always look to the right source
for everything. Trust in the wisdom of God, your Eternal
Father.
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment