Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Week 34 - Nearer My God to Thee

This past week has flown by....dang....as of right now I recall seeing a bunch of sweaty armpit stains, some stinks coming off of people, humid hot weather and a bunch of experiences that open your eyes.  I'll start off with the awesome baptism service we had for our two friends who got baptized this past weekend!  It was so fun!  We had a good time and am so happy I was there to see these two have gotten baptized.  I was asked to speak and I felt a lot of help as I tried to explain my thoughts to these people in Dutch.  We really are helped as we diligently strive to become better.  One of our friends who has been inactive for over 10 years now came to church with us!  It was awesome!  We were so happy to see her.  The first hymn was,"Nader Mijn God tot U". "Nearer, my God, to thee."  haha to see her cry was probably one of the only times where I will see I was happy to see her cry haha She was happy and she is now working on going back to the temple!  saaweet or what?  
We have been teaching more and more every week.  We have been learning a lot about the different ways that we can do missionary work.  One of our neighbours has cancer and has had to go to the hospital.  We spoke with her mother and asked if we could bring her a card.  So...that is exactly what we did.  We bought her a really cool card and wrote her a note saying we missed her and we were thinking about her.  We were also a little loud last week playing voetbal inside and our above neighbour came down and said that the noise was scaring her....it was so sad.  We felt pretty bad. This super sweet 81 year old lady was by herself for a couple days and we scared her.  So.....we went and got her a card with a monkey hiding his eyes and looking like he screwed up and did something wrong and wrote "oops!" on it.  We wrote her a note and brought it to her and her husband, who returned today.  haha they were so happy that we have been invited to come over for a tea party sort of thing next week! haha  It’s the best seeing these people smile.  Losing yourself for others isn’t always easy but I can see why Heavenly Father does so much for us.  
It’s been a good week.  I hope you all are having an awesome summer.  I had permission to change settings on my facebook so don’t freak out if I have 2 new friends from Belgium.  It was impossible for people to add me because of my settings.  
Love you guys, 
Elder Holt



No comments:

Post a Comment