Spencer is old enough to go on a mission? When the heck did he turn
18! Wow...I swear I was more than...actually that makes sense being about
6 years older than him. Wow...that is sweet! Congrats to Spencer
for his call to serve the Lord! He is going to love it. I met 2
members in San Diego who served in Honduras and they have some awesome
stories! When does he report to the MTC to learn Spanish?
With the 4 man we have divided up the people we work with. We don’t
split areas up, we split up the people we have been helping work towards their
first covenant with the Lord. We have two of our friends who have their
baptism service this weekend! I am way stoked for this and can't
wait. We have either had baptisms or a barefoot path walk with the branch
every weekend this transfer! It’s sad because the transfer is flying by!
It needs to slow down...I am afraid that I will be leaving Genk and I really don’t
want to do that! The Lord has blessed this branch with an amazing new group of
members. When I got to this branch we had about 16 people who would
regularly attend...now we have been averaging about 30-34! With the 4 missionaries
we have been able to start focusing more time on minderactief
leden. One of my friends who hasn’t been to church in over 10 years
has promised to come this Sunday and how much that would help the branch
if this amazing woman came to help build the Lord’s Kingdom here in
Genk. We have had many more odd and random things happen.
Yesterday we planned to go to a part of Limburg but then got the idea to
go to a different city. A city that we were planning on seeing later on in
the week. We got to a potential friend’s house and turns out they are
going on vacation for a month tomorrow! If we didn’t follow the
prompting on going yesterday we would have missed them and wouldn't have been able to teach them later tonight! How important it is to just
go with the flow of the spirit. These ideas, thoughts or impressions
are amazing when you follow them and see the reason why. It’s a good time
on the mission.
We got permission to watch the Nederlands game last week! We didn’t get home till like 1:30 in the morning! That will never happen again on my mission
haha. It was a bummer that both of our
teams didn’t make it to the finals but it was a good run here in Belgium while
it lasted. We went to a Botevoetenpad* or
something like that this past weekend with our branch. You walk around in bare feet through trails
and across ropes....it was sooo fun. My
young friend, who is getting baptized this weekend, and I were making everyone
laugh by doing crazy things. Our mission president has asked that we, the missionaries,
don’t baptize in our mission so it sucked when he asked if I could baptize him
and we had to tell him no. However...I’ll
be doing a
talk about baptism for him!
Today we played indoor soccer for zone p-day...we played soccer
with some kids a couple days ago...haha it makes me laugh when Europeans ask if
I played professional soccer haha and then I tell them I am
from Canada and they can't believe it. Love it.
Love You All,
Elder Holt
* Blotevoetenpad: “Give your feet their freedom and come experience the first barefoot path in Flanders. Feel with your senses and your feet the special incentives of wood, stones, tree clippings, grass, loam, and water on a controlled route that is only accessible barefoot. Feel cold and warm, moist and dry, pleasant, exciting and stimulating on a route of almost 2 kilometers in Lieteberg,”
| Blotevoetenpad |
No comments:
Post a Comment