Monday, 12 May 2014

Week 25 - Just When You Get Comfortable...

It is definitely a trip thinking about the great apostasy...it’s sad too because a lot of people we talk to notice and say that every church has pieces of truth but they have no desire to go any farther than that.  It’s definitely a learning process trying to figure out the various ways to get people to acquire that desire.  Too many people want to do it their way; especially here....faith is seen as a weakness.  People don't want to take the chance of being wrong.  Those who have faith don't find it necessary to show that faith.  Put the 2 together and its makes for one tricky problem to solve.  We have a couple friends who are working towards their baptism date this next transfer.  Unfortunately, Elder Robbins (my trainer) is being transferred and I'm getting a new companion.  I am excited about the change and I now see that I am going to have to step it up being the senior missionary of the area.  That's going to take a lot of stepping up  haha.  Just when you get comfortable...the Lord gives more responsibility and gives you the opportunity to get to the next level.  I am now in the position of those lyrics you sent me:  

You know better than I, you know the way.
I've let go my need to know why, 
I'll take what answers you supply,
For you know better than I.
Challenges are hard but the long term perspective helps a lot.  It's a bit nerve racking that 6 months have passed...haha I feel like I want to accomplish sooo much more but I know that I will be given the opportunities to accomplish just what the Lord wants.


It was sooooo awesome to see you all.  Echt Waar!  It was sooooo good to see you guys and apparently our conversations were the entertainment during dinner!  I can not wait to become a normal member again.  The mission has opened my eyes to all of the things I will be able to do to contribute to the missionary work in my ward.  A little cool thing I forgot to tell you all yesterday;  our mission, which will be one of the few in the world, will be applying the new PMG this month!  This month in zone conference President Robinson will be[m1]  going over the details!  How exciting it is to see the changes in the work and to be a part of the hastening of the Work.  It’s crazy to think about that next time we Skype I can possibly be speaking fairly fluent Dutch!


I like to remember you all as motivation to work hard and to sacrifice.  2 years seems like a lot sometimes but its sure not feeling like it.


Love you all and tot volgen keer, keep it real!
skyping on Mothers' Day

Love Elder Holt






 [m1]

No comments:

Post a Comment