Well the conference was sweet! I gotta go over my notes because I don’t remember most of itthere’s so much going with and the language....haha t'jonge jonge It is soooo cool and.....I understand how Elder Calhoon felt when he asked his companion, "Elder...what language is that?" haha they speak so fast and everything sounds like one giant long word! Not to mention the different dialects!
Well, this week has been super tiring! In the past 2 days we have walked
like 30 kms or something crazy like that! Missed busses, forgetting to look
when the buses stop running, trying to figure out where a referral is and
taking the absolute longest way possible.....we've done it all! I
remember one point I was saying to myself..."dude....this is sooo frustrating"
I later remembered how much the Lord went through for us...in Matthew...the
ending chapters...it doesn’t sound like it was much fun and he did this for not
only me but everyone who will accept him....I can suck it up and put in some
pain of my own to help others to come to know their Saviour.
We've had a few miracles this week; a lot of contacting
miracles....we went to a city to meet with an older man who lives in an old
folks home. After our visit we had an hour to wait for our next bus -
busses like to leave and arrive earlier than they say - we had no idea what to
do. We weren’t contacting well and things felt off. We said a prayer and
asked where we could use the Lord’s time best and asked for guidance. We
were prompted to go in a direction and did. The first knock it was a no
go - nobody was home. The second knock, a man came to the door and we
ended up teaching him the restoration. Another miracle happened sooo fast
- it was like an impulsive action - just reached out and buzzed a guy’s
name.....he came out and we are meeting with him soon! It’s crazy but I’ve
found a lot of my initial thoughts have actually been promptings, like elder Bednar
said to the question,"how do you know if its guidance from the holy ghost
or your thoughts?" He said just be a good boy or girl and quit
worrying about it! Haha, don’t second guess just do it. I’m doing
my best to figure it out and recognize the promptings. I can sit here and
say that we do get help and that help comes with our obedience and
diligence; it comes with prayer and faith. So much fun!
Even though I don’t understand everything that people are saying yet, I
was prompted to advise a man to read Alma 34. I was second guessing
because there is a lot in that chapter. I didn’t know if he had a background
in religion or stuff like that. The member of the church I was with saw
me flipping through pages and saw Alma 32; he said; "Alma 32?" I
decided to change my mind and said yeah; he said, ”no, no, no, haha that’s not
for him”. Later after the contact we went over the conversation......apparently
Alma 34 would have been really good.....the man studied to be a priest but didn’t
feel like it was right so he stopped.
BE GOOD AND FOLLOW YOUR PROMPTINGS! LOVE YOU ALL,
ELDER HOLT
No comments:
Post a Comment