Monday, 7 April 2014

Week 20: Be Happy With What You Can Do

There might be more spelling mistakes than usual...I guess the buttons on the keyboard arent worldwide....I have to use the shift key for periods, the M,A, W and some other letters are in different places and I have half the time in emailing! 
Yeah....mijn eerst staad is Genk which is a reqlly pretty, old fashioned European city.  We cover all of Limberg and do a ton of walking, busing and even trains! I'm pretty sure I was at the train stqtion that Elder Calhoon was picked up at....it looked soooooo familiar. I think I got lucky with the trainer I got.  He works hard, he is q good example of how to serve out here and he is always pushing me to do my best qnd not get down when I can't understand the people or can't pronounce words right.  We have been super busy this week...pretty sure I'm going to be a leg model when I am done my mission...they are getting a sweet workout! Things are soo different here...it trips me out every time i am not in my  bed...the toilets are different, there is a toilet room with only a toilet and a tiny sink and then a shower/tub room..the kitchen reminds me of Ikea and the city....I will send pictures next week....I've been weak on taking pictures.  I ate a warm waffle and a kip brooje...soo good.  We taught a lot of lessons and are looking to finding more people to teach.  My MTC companion is in the same district so its going to be cool to see how much 3 months of being surrounded by Dutch can help you learn.  ohyea...people here speqk Flaams so it is even harder to understand them...their dialect is off the chain!
I've been doing my best trying to calm myself down, relax qnd enjoy the journey without thinking how great it's going to be when I can speqk the language better.  It's been super hard to not get discouraged when you can't do what you want but I've seen progress and my trainer, Elder Robbins, gave some super good advice;  "Be happy with what you can do".  That's helped a ton.  As I refocus and see the joy in doing what I am able to accomplish..everything just kind of falls into place. I've been implementing that in all of the aspects of life and as I work towards becoming the man Heavenly Father is molding me to be.  When I distract myself and progress by focusing on the end...I'm going to miss the things that mqke up the "race".  How great is it that we get to spend time here on this earth in order to become like our Father in Heaven.  How great the journey will be as we focus on what we have accomplished and what we can do NOW as we work towards this.  In I think every circumstance...there is always a middle in between the beginning and end...that middle is the progression and in order to progress we gotta put focus on the middle part to be successful qt the end.  I can't wait to speak with you all again.  Tot Volgend Week, Love you and be hqppy with what we have accomplished and can do.  Enjoy and have the hope that we will reach our potential.     Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment