The trip (to Alberta) sounds like it was a success! I was telling Dad I really wish I could have been there but the visit in a little over 1 year and a half will be awesome! Clayton M. Christensen....I know right....I haven't read the book (The Power of Everyday Missionaries) but when he came to our mission and did "Case Study" with us.....I was blown away how he picked out and explained missionary principles. It was intense to be there right beside him!
This week has flown by... like fast! Things have been good and sad. Sad with the trials in our friends lives but good because we get to help them come closer to their Savior! I love that people love, trust and have faith that we can help them. We got to visit a family, shared a scripture and a message, and she wept because she knew it was from God. We were asked to provide our priesthood by giving her a blessing...I love giving blesssings...I always get nervous and hope I won't be asked to provide the blessing but I love being a tool for God and I love helping others receive comfort. I was able to perform the blessing for her and was touched myself when she cried and got to see her daughter hug her mom and to see the strength, comfort and guidance that was received. Its so important that we live up to our potential because we never know when we are going to be called upon to assist the work here on this earth to build the Kingdom of God. Just speaking with people...they know and can tell by our eyes that we have Spirit with us. A man who never lets anyone into his house said that he only lets us in because he can see it in our eyes and how when we speak with him that we have "power". I love how all of us have this "power" and I know that as we continue to do our best, apply the Atonement as we constantly repent, and rely on the Savior to help us get past and become stronger that the Spirit that we carry with us will grow. And others will see this. They will feel this. They will recognize this. And they will seek for this.
Looks like I got my visa and I'm flying out. I thought that I would be happier. I've come to really enjoy my missionary friends, my member friends and the work here in Chula Vista. I am extremely happy and excited to be heading out to Netherlands, I just didn't know it would be this hard. The people that I have come to love, the people that I have started to help come closer to Christ... I've done my work for them and now I'm moving on. It's weird to think about the friends that I have been teaching the Gospel and now knowing 100% that I won't be part of the teaching for them anymore... it's out of my hands. This move made me think about if it had been in my hands at all? I know I've been a part of their conversion and learning but has it ever been in my control? I'm gonna say no. It's always been up to the the person and God. All I can do is be that physical presence they most need to help get them started; then we/they must do the rest in coming to know Heavenly Father, our Savior and the Holy Ghost. How grateful I am for the Plan of Happiness and I can never get over how perfect it really is. The more I study it, apply it and teach it the stronger my testimony gets. Everything is taken care of. Just like how my friends here will be. Hard sometimes but as we get over that hurdle and we use that chance to get to know God as we seek for his help, the best things happen; the best things are learned and we are blessed with the best. To know that this time on our earth is a time for us to prepare to meet God helps me to see what I can do better and helps me relax about it all.
I guess the next time I speak with all of you I will be across the ocean. I love you all and want to tell you how grateful I am for the Plan of Salvation and for prayer. I love them both so much. I really have gotten to know my Savior and Father through prayer, doing it multiple times daily. I know that He answers prayers and He wants to communicate with us. Man...I wish I could describe to all how I really feel about prayer but words can't describe the feelings and joy I receive when I pray and when I pray giving it all I got. How fortunate we are to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Love,
Elder Holt
| Last district meeting in Chula Vista - Elder Holt seems to have been influencing them all! |
| An awesome family in San Diego - they made an AMAZING last dinner for me! |
| Me and Elder Henrichson at the airport |
No comments:
Post a Comment