Monday, 28 September 2015

Week 96 - Victory is Striving and Continuously Trying

So it happened!

We had our transfer calls last night and I'm happy to inform you that your boy will be finishing his mission in the city of Antwerpen!  And as a bonus...I get to stay with my baby boy Elder McBride!  We're pretty excited!  

We have gone through another ''sifting process''.  We have been trying to figure out who is ready and willing to accept the love of the Lord, in His way, and have again not so many people to teach.  It's sad because you don't want to stop seeing them but we can't gain them a testimony.  We can help them gain one and if they don't want one...there's not much we can do but pray for them and hope that things will change in the future when the missionaries return.

We've been finding some pretty amazing potential friends.  The problem is catching them at home or finding time to visit them all.  We're using the tram and bus system which isn't as fast as having a car it's been worth it because we meet friends on the transportation or on the ways to our appointments.  We just need to pray fervently and live that prayer in order to give it all to our Master and let Him do what we can't.  It's going to happen.  

Our ward has been doing so great!  They are wonderful people and surprised us with Belgium Chocolate and some sloppy chicken joe mix with a fresh bottle of Tabasco sauce.  Gosh.  I love all my wards and I know that the Lord provides the wards and members that I need at specific times.  I love them all.  I know that things are going to blossom this transfer.  We've done some weeding...now it's time to plant and nourish!

It's not what we get that makes us happy... it’s the effort that we put in. Sometimes it's hard to remember that but that's something I hope we can always remember.  We can do really good and do what we should or try to do what we should but sometimes it just doesn't turn out to be what we were working for.  The joy that we had while trying is then lost and we fall into a sense of sadness.  Let’s kick results in the butt and off the stage and just remember that our joy comes from our effort.  While I was speaking with a member of the Temple Presidency, he shared with me the thought that, ''Hell is going to be coming face to face with the person you could have become.''  We do not become the people that we can be through results...we become them through our efforts and constantly exerting our efforts more and more to keep giving and giving.  After all....if it was based on results...we would all fall short and not receive the eternal happiness that is offered to us. It doesn't matter what you get...it matters how hard you work and give of yourself.  God needs brave people.  Bravery does not come from winning the battle...it comes from learning as we go through our battles.  I pray that we will always know that the Lord is with us. He smiles upon us as we strive to give our best.  As we work to become the people we can become and smile and find joy in our efforts...we will overcome the feelings of discouragement that we receive if we do not achieve that idea of victory.  Victory is striving and continuously trying.  Strive with Him because He strives with you.  We can strive with Him as we read and take in the words of His called servants, our leaders, bishops, stake presidents, scriptures and prayer.  Why strive alone when you can strive with your friend?

Love you guys!

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment