Monday, 18 May 2015

Week 77 - Most Special Experiences

We had a zone pday...got to play voetbal for 2 hours....but it turns out...I don´t have the conditioning that I used to so I´m pretty tired.  After zone Pday we went to the PSV stadium where we did a tour and then went to the PSV voetbal club museum which is located within the stadium....so....we haven´t eaten a good lunch and I feel really tired...I don´t know how long or well I will be able to write before I don´t make sense so I figured I´ll substitute it with photos!

I would like share one of the most special moments of my mission that occurred this past week.

Last week we had a plan to get things ready for the graffitiing that we are planning on doing in the short future however...the feeling and thought came along that we would go to a city that´s about a 20 minute ride from where we live.  The feeling was to look up a certain individual who has become in-active within the new year.  We looked at the list, saw a name, and decided we would look up this person as well. After looking at the route in order to get to these 2 people, we decided to go with the name we found on the list before we would go to the in-active member that we originally felt we should go see.  What a blessing we did.

We got to member’s home who´s name we found on the list who lives in the same area as the person we originally felt and thought to go see.  We ended up being invited in and got to speak with someone who was baptized in the 70s but did not feel the love at church that he thought he would feel and decided it was better off to stay away from the church.  Pretty much baptized and inactive in the blink of an eye.  Pretty sad.  They lived their life without the church until we came by to see them.  

We got to speak with this person.  This person doesn´t have too long to live on this earth.  They have gone through a lot of pain and sorrow throughout life but they still have their faith. We talked about life and then we talked about the Gospel.  Our thoughts were guided to read out of the Book of Mormon with them in Moroni 10.  We talked some more and learned from one another.  This person was touched and felt and knew what needed to be done. 

We felt prompted to invite them to begin their repentance process and to begin by allowing us to get in contact with the Bishop so that they could speak with the Bishop in order to prepare to partake of the sacrament.  Afterwards we felt prompted to ask our long lost friend if they would like a blessing.  It´s pretty amazing being able to hold such a power as the Priesthood.  We administered the blessing and this person started to tear in joy.  

All has come well.  The ward has taken a new level of excitement and joy in being able to serve this person.  A sort of unity is being built around this goal to serve and help this person.  Because of this unified goal...the love and friendship and sense of responsibility to care for those around us is growing.  

There are many in our areas that are like this long lost friend that was found.  The Lord works in His own time and we are a part of His works.  Many have hardened their hearts and are not ready, but many are waiting.  Like our long lost friend.  We would have never found them if we had not tried to see them.  

I love you guys.  Let´s get back into Pioneer mode and build the Kingdom.  It doesn’t matter what the outcome is as long as we take the step in reaching out and inviting.

Elder Holt


PS.  Happy Belated Birthday Pops   







No comments:

Post a Comment